Step 1: Login to www.emsigner.com using Admin user name and Password
Step 2: You can initiate bulk Form16 signing process in 3 simple steps as mentioned below,
- Choose Template
- Browse Documents
- Form16 Sign
Step 3: On left hand side of the panel, you will find “Form16 Signing” option. Click the same
Step 4: You will see option to “Choose Template” if you have any or on the fly you can create new template by clicking “Create Template Now”
Procedure to create new template on the fly:
- On clicking “Create Template Now”, you will be asked to select the document template
- Upon choosing the same, you can see the preview of the uploaded document
- On the right side of the panel, you will see “Template Settings”. In this, you need to select the pages where you need signatures and the signatory position
- Finally enter the template name and click “Save” to create the template on the fly
Step 5: Once you choose the template, you will be taken to next step.
- Form16 Part A documents and Form16 Part B documents should be stored in separate folders in your local system.
- Create a CSV file to link the Part A and Part B document. (Refer step 9)
Step 6: In this step, you need to select Part A “Source” folder (folder where Form16 Part A documents that need to be signed in bulk are stored) by clicking “Select Folder” button
Step 7: In this step, you need to select Part B “Source” folder (folder where Form16 Part B documents that need to be signed in bulk are stored) by clicking “Select Folder” button
Step 8: You also need to select the “Destination” folder (folder where the signed Form16 documents (Part A + Part B combined) that need to be stored) by clicking “Select Folder” button
Step 9: In this step, created CSV file should be uploaded by clicking “CSV file” button.
CSV file contains the following columns,
- Part A – Input a record’s file name in this column (e.g A1.pdf)
- Part B – Input corresponding record’s file name in this column (e.g B1.pdf)
- Password – Input password to protect Form16 record. Once this is inputted, end user cannot open his/her Form16 without inputting this password. (Optional)
- Email – Input email id of the end user who should receive this form 16. (If email is not required to be sent, then do not input email id)
Note : You can create “N” number of records in the CSV. You will find sample format in the application itself.
Step 10: Once the above steps are completed, you can procced to next step by clicking “Continue” button
Step 11: You will find various fields under Optional Settings section where you can enter the reason, Location and browse and add company stamp
Step 12: You can select/ draw/ upload your signature options before clicking “Continue” button
Step 13: You will find Emailing options section. If you want to send the signed form16 to your respective employee, you can use this option
- Select checkbox (I want to send signed form 16’s to respective employees)
- Select emSigner SMTP/ Other SMTP option
- In case of emSigner SMTP selection: Input From, Subject, Message that need to be sent to the recipient
- In case of Other SMTP selection: Input
- SMTP hosts– Enter your/company SMTP host address
- SMTP User Name– SMTP Username will be the email ID which must be registered with the SMTP Host address given before
- SMTP Password– SMTP password should be the password of the email ID which is given as SMTP user name
- Sender mail ID – enter the mail address from which the mail will be sent to the respective email address present in the CSV file. Click Save button and the settings will get saved.
Step 14: Click “Continue” button. emSigner utility will open up. Select the certificate with which you want to sign the document and click “Merge and Sign” button in the utility.
Step 15: Form16 part A and B will be successfully merged and signed. You will find signed Form16 documents in the destination folder you have selected in Step 8.