Release Bulletin for emSigner – 2.2.0
Two Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication validates a second authentication mechanism next to your password. Two-Factor authentication aim to help users secure their account by requiring a second component in addition to the password. Each time you log in, you’ll be required to provide your password plus a randomly generated OTP. The two-step verification is optional for you to use.
How to define the Authentication level:
- Two-Factor Authentication is applicable only for professional plan, to take advantage of the new feature, please subscribe or upgrade the plan.
- First time users (Super Admin, Admin & Internal users) will login with the login credentials provided.
- Authentication level can be defined only after the login with Email Id and Password.
- Once login to the emsigner account on the top right hand side under the user profile drop down, click on the Setting.
Admin Authentication level:
- Admin can define the Authentication level for self and can define for the internal users under the admin.
- Two-Factor Authentication is optional field.
- When Two-Factor Authentication is selected “Username, password & OTP” then login will be with username, password+OTP.
- Note: OTP will be sent to your Email ID / Mobile number
How to define Authentication for Internal users:
Create New Users:
- Once login to the emsigner account on the top right hand side under the user profile drop down, click on Go to Admin èManage Users èCreate New.
- Admin while creating a new user will define the authentication level, a new optional field is added “Two Factor Authentication” as shown in the below image.
- Once login to the emsigner account on the top right hand side under the user profile drop down, click on Go to Admin èManage Users èEdit.
- If users are already created and Admin wants to edit the Authentication settings for the particular user, click on the edit button a new optional field is added “Two Factor Authentication” as shown in the below image.
Internal user Authentication level:
- Internal user can not define the Authentication level for self, only admin can define the Authentication level for internal user.
- Internal user can not be able to craete or manage the users.
How Two-Factor Authentication works:
- When signatories receive mail for signing the document with SIGN/DECLINE option.
- When Two Factor Authentication is defined as “Username, Password & OTP” and click on “SIGN/DECLINE” OTP will be sent to your Email ID / Mobile number.
- If both email and mobile number are registered while creating the Internal user then OTP will trigger to both email and mobile number.
- OTP is valid for 10 minutes and can be used only once.
- After login with the credentials user name and password, it will ask for the OTP to enter.
- OTP need to enter in the given space as shown below.
- When right OTP is entered in the given space, it will login and navigate to the Dashboard.
- OTP will be 5 digits unique number.
- When wrong OTP is entered, login cannot be done and error message will be “Invalid OTP, please enter the right OTP”
- When click on RESEND OTP then new OTP will trigger to Email ID/Mobile number.
- Message - If registered both email and Mobile number. “OTP has been sent successfully to your Email id email@example.com and Mobile number xxxxxx5652”.
- Message - if only email is registered. “OTP has been sent succesfully to your Email id firstname.lastname@example.org”
Email format of OTP:
SMS format of OTP: