How do I scan and store documents?
Step 1: Login to emSigner account using valid credentials
- Click Doc store tab to access documents in the repository
- Click on “Scan Document” button to initiate the scanning process of the hard copy document.
Step 2: Install Dynamsoft Service:
- First time, when you click on "Scan Document" button, it will prompt for installation of “Dynamsoft Service”.
- Install Dynamsoft Service as shown in the below image.
- Dynamsoft is a plugin that will act as bridge between web application and scanner that is connected to your system.
- Driver’s installation is one time activity.
- Next time when the users click on "Scan Document" button it will auto detect the drivers that are installed for the scanner in the system and it will show in the source.
Step 3: Select Category:
- Once Drivers are successfully installed, click on "Scan Document" button from the Document Store.
- Need to select the category by click on “Browse Category” button.
- When click on “Browse Category” all the workflows listed in the account will display.
- This step is helpful to select the workflow category for the document.
- Select the category from the workflow that document should reside.
- Prerequisite is to create a workflow in the system as per the requirement.
Step 4: Select Scanner
- Click on Select Source to select appropriate scanner source machine and click "Scan" button.
- The scanned document is uploaded and the preview will be displayed.
Step 4: Scan and Save Documents
- The Scanned document is uploaded in this page. There are various settings to be selected based on the organization’s set parameters.
- User could scan multiple documents using Multi –Page PDF/TIFF option.
- When the scanned copy is saved in other than PDF format like (PNG, JPEG) then saved document will be viewed only in Doc Store but not in the Drafts.
- Click on save button to upload the scanned document.
- Once the document is uploaded successfully the following page is displayed.
- User could navigate to “Scan New Document” to scan a new document by selecting the scanner source machine or “Go to Doc store” to view the scanned document.
- Click on “Go to Doc store” to navigate to document storage repository.
Step 5: View Scanned Document in Repository
- This page displays the scanned document in the document storage repository.
Step 6: Initiate Signing (Optional)
- The scanned document will be saved in the Drafts section under Dashboard.
- User could navigate to Dashboard and click on Drafts button to view the Scanned document.
- Once the document is saved in Drafts in PDF format, user can proceed with the signing process by clicking on Initiate button.