How do I Install emSigner Utility in Linux?
The emSigner application can help you digitally sign documents (Token based signing). If you do not have the emSigner application, you can download the same by clicking the “Install Now” button.
You are requested to download and install the emSigner application to digitally sign documents.
To set up installation of the emSigner application, follow the below steps:
Step1: Click on the Install now button. A pop up window will appear where you will have to click on the Download Application button.
Step 2: Go to the downloaded file location and extract the zip file emSigner_unix.zip.
Step 3: Open the terminal
- Go to the file location by typing cd/file location path and click on enter (For example: cd / Desktop/emSigner-Linux_300517)
- Provide access permission for installation if necessary. Type in chmod 777 file name and click on enter (For example: chmod 777 emSigner_UNIX_1_2_4.sh)
- Now type ./file name and click on enter (For example: ./emSigner_unix_1_2_4.sh)
- A popup window opens up
Step 4: Click on the Next Button on the popup window. You will then get another popup window.
Step 5: Select the destination location where you want to save the file and click on the Next button.
Step 6: Click on the Finish Button. This completes the emSigner setup.
If Java is not installed click here
If Java is installed and does not have the permission to run emSigner, follow the below steps:
- Open the terminal
- Go to the file location by entering cd file location (For example cd usr/local) and click on enter
- You can provide the necessary permission by entering chmod –R 777 file name (For example chmod –R 777 emSigner) and click on enter
If Java is installed and permission exists:
Step 7: Double click startserver in the file location
This successfully completes the installation. You can now see the emSigner icon on the top. Refer screen below
Step 8: Double click on the icon. This opens the emSigner utility successfully. You can now check updates, logs and also change the port.
To check emSigner updates:
Click on the Update tab and you can update the utility by clicking on the update button.
To change the port click here